Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grams has a Birthday and an Anniversary

Gramps and Grams.....were married on my grandmother's 18th birthday after having known each other for only a few weeks. Then they ran off to Guam where my Gramps was stationed with the navy. There marriage, I am sure, has had it's trying times but they have made it through so much, including my Grams having some really bad stints with her health. They are always such a good example to me of how a truly loving couple should always treat each other with respect. I can't remember how old my Grams is today or how long they have been married (am I terrible or what?), but aren't they cute?

To celebrate my Aunt Laura took them out to eat and my mom, Bee, and I crashed their party! (Boy we've been doing a lot of partying on this blog lately!! ) We had a lovely meal, to which I was a tad bit late, since I forgot my cell phone and had to go home and get it in case the kids' school has to get a hold of me (you might think that I am paranoid but it has happened more then 5 times). We laughed and talked and I got in trouble from my Grams for eating to fast (which I defend by saying, if a mom doesn't eat fast, she doesn't get a hot meal). Here are a few pictures to commemorate the occasion.


Eating



Laughing
(Grams and Aunt Laura)





After this picture popped up on the review screen on my camera and we saw how much we really do look alike, Aunt Laura told me a funny story. Apparently one of her friends (in real life and Facebook) saw a picture of me on Aunt Laura's profile page and insisted that we were related and that there was no way that she could deny it and wanted to know exactly how we were related. Maybe not funny to you....but something I think is worth remembering, so I document it here.

No comments: