Thursday, February 9, 2017

If I Could Save Time in A Bottle

      It's been a long long long time.  I got away from blogging for a while.  Isn't it amazing how fast time goes by without you even noticing?  I didn't notice at all that is has been almost 2 years or more since my last entry here.  I've been busy but not busy.  Just live life here with the Scout Master and the kiddos.  We've had some good adventures, some hard times, and some craziness.  It's just best for you to know that we are alive and well here.  I think I'm going to try picking this up again.  When I first started this blog is was to allow family that lived far away to be part of our lives.  To see what we were up to.  When I realized that they weren't even reading it, I decided it probably wasn't worth my time to keep it up so often.  That turned to almost never, once a year, and then never!  Here I am though, thinking that it was so nice to have a little journal of what was going on with our lives, something my kids can look back on when I am gone.  So here I am wanting to get back at it.  Maybe just a weekly thing at first. We'll just see how it goes.  Which is really a lazy way to say I'm not really into making a commitment to it right now. LOL

So we have had some real adventures.  We have been to Disney at least 6 times since that first surprise for the kids in 2012.  We just got back from there this past Sunday.  We got back just in time to enjoy the winter weather storm Niko.  Other adventures include that all the kids are home schooled now.  Well, sort of home schooled.  They go to Connections Academy which is an all online virtual school. Ours is called INCA, and Connections is all over the U.S.  This is still a public school, but with just the right mix of structure and flexibility.  Sometimes I wish there was more flexibility but that is just because I would rather be doing fun things then be locked up in the house all day doing school work.  Even with all it's faults, I can't say enough about all the good it has done for our two struggling students (the girls). Ky was even inducted into the NJHS.  Along the lines of other adventures have been scout camp outs, Lego Land, I finally saw the ocean, and well, there are probably too many to name.  I wish I would have been blogging them.

Struggles have been school, for sure.  Stating something new and getting it to run smoothly had it's hard times.  We've had some illnesses and I have had lots of blood work.  Which I may talk about in later posts.  I've not sent Christmas cards in forever, because that is a struggle for me and I never seem to get it done.  I don't seem to remember all the struggles we have had, and that is probably a good thing.  Though the Scout Master did loose his grandfather.

Craziness here is an every day occurrence. So remembering anything super specific in this department is almost impossible. LOL

I have lots of things that I want to remember and that over the next few weeks I am going to try to put in.  I may even back date them, if I can figure out this new blog format. See how much I miss when I haven't been doing it more frequently?

If I could save time in a bottle, then E wouldn't be a freshman and I would go back to when my kids didn't fight so much!  What would you do?


No comments: