Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Playing Catch Up Yet Again

Granny's visit was great, though I have to say that I feel pretty bad because she watched the kids and did my laundry while the Scout Master and I went places and worked on projects. But it is what she truly loves. She is a home body for sure and it was nice to run out without having to take the kids everywhere and have to worry about what time we had to hurry back to the house. I will publicly apologize for the INSANE amount of laundry that there was. You know how it is when you clean up the kids rooms and you see that they have stuffed the dirty clothes everywhere! I am sorry Granny, but you did a great job and it was very very helpful to me. Just don't tell anyone that your whole vacation was spent babysitting kids and doing laundry! Though before we took Granny back to the airport we did get a private tour of an historic home that is part of The Center for History near were we live. Couldn't have asked for a better time there. We got to see thing that people usually don't see because of our great tour guide and the fact that we are the only people at the museum that day, besides the workers.

We took Granny back to the airport on the 2nd and got her all checked in, then headed home again to real, no built in babysitter life. Then next afternoon I taught RS. At least now it is our ward's turn to have church in the afternoon. That means we get to sleep in on Sunday mornings and still make it to church on time!

The weeks of this new year have just started to slip by faster then last year's did. Emma is a Brownie this year and one of the Leaders quit so that moved me and another mom up to leader positions. I am unable to go to the classes so I just help plan and help run the meetings whatever they want done. I like it that way. Along with Brownies comes the thing that has been consuming our lives and will until March 9th. Cookie sale time. We have done 2 booths and taken orders until our heads have spun but still we need to do more because we haven't really sold that many.

I've even already started and failed a diet. But then again I have been somewhat sick for the past two weeks. Nothing major just uncomfortable. Curse you genetics, curse you and your tricky way of passing on the unpleasant.

We've been sledding (sorry no pictures, didn't want my only camera to eat snow and get ruined) but it was a fun time and the kids were so cute. B's inter tube accidentally got pushed down the hill, with only her in it (up to this point an adult had gone down with her each time). The Scout Master caught her at the bottom of the hill and she was laughing and giggling and thereafter refused to go down with anyone else. Once I pushed her down the the waiting Scout Master and by the time she got to the bottom of the hill she was asleep!! Funny girl!

I think that should bring you up to date with our goings on around here. Hope you have a great day.

No comments: