Today the Center for History had a special members only birthday party for President Lincoln. We had lunch, cake, and the kids got gift bags (inside of which were dominoes, wooden tops, feathers, cup and ball game, and other toys from the time period). They also got hats to wear, which they thought was just great. After lunch we did a scavenger hunt inside the "Lincoln, The Man You Didn't Know" exhibit. We also entered to win a few door prizes and we each had a guess at how many "Lincolns" (pennies) were in a mason jar. We will win a gift certificate to a local restaurant if we get the closest. We had such a good time. It was free for members and they put on a really great time for all. We even got a large lithograph portiat of President Lincoln, which I am going to have framed for Kyle's room since he loves the Civil War and President Lincoln so much. I have an idea for decorating his room that involves a Civil War theme. We'll see how that pans out later. Here are some pictures of our party adventure.
Bee modeling her hat.

Kyle with his hat.

The Scout Master and I with our party faces on.

Kyle and Mommy

Later that evening we met up with family to have a pre-Valentine's Day dinner out. Grams and Gramps, Grandma and Pappy, and Aunt Audrey and Uncle Jason joined the 5 of us to make our party. We laughed and ate and ate and laughed. A fun time was had by all. I don't know why I didn't get more pictures then I did. Must have been to involved with the gigantic onion rings or chasing the kids from the "game" room back to the table. Here are the few I was able to get.
Gramps and Grams! Love them so much!

I told you they were gigantic!

Kyle wearing Gramps's hat and looking adorable.

For some reason I didn't manage to get one picture of Emma the whole day. Sometimes she hides from me or takes bad photos on purpose! That girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment