Monday, August 9, 2010

8-9-10

Today was Emma's 9th Birthday. I can't believe that she has gotten so old so fast. We are in the middle of moving and packing so we couldn't have a party at our house so I asked her where she would like to have her party and she said Waka Dog, which is a lot like it sounds, a hot dog restaurant. Only she would think of having a little party at this place. It was only the guilt of us being in total chaos around here that granted her wish! There hot dogs are pretty good. It was last minute as so many of our "parties" seem to be, but we were very happy that all the family could make it out at least for a little while. I am so grateful to them for making the effort to come out and help make my Emma smile. Here are a few pictures of the night.


Emma Getting exactly what she wanted.
Another mermaid Barbie.



Kyle took this picture of Great Gramps.
Not to bad, if I say so myself.



Opening some presents.




Picture of the cute cupcake cake we found
at Target just before heading over to Waka Dog.
We really lucked out and they offered to write her name on
it for us. We also found a few extra cupcakes that
matched. It was a big hit!



Myself and the Birthday Girl.



The Scout Master wasn't able to make it home from work in time (just another reason why we are moving closer to his work) but he brought her home a Littlest Pet Shop present and she adored it. Also her Aunt took her out to the mall for a little fun. She got to make a Build a Bear, Jump on the Mall Jump, and ate at the food court (just a little note to Aunt Audrey: Kyle sulked all evening and kept asking us why Emma's birthday was better then his. She got jump on the bungee thing at the mall and I didn't. I secretly think he would have loved to make a Build a Bear too. I've never seen my little man so sad. I just told him he wasn't 9 yet and that maybe when he was 9 he would get to do the same thing. Though I would love to do a mommy daughter date with him soon.-Love Katie) Emma did have a pretty awesome day. I wish adult birthdays were as much fun!

3 comments:

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl! :)

I used newborn or size 1 diapers. :)

Erika Amonett said...

Happy birthday to Emma! Sometimes, impromptu parties make for the best memories. I love the cake. So cute!

Kelsee said...

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your great idea of the interfacing! I didn't even think of using that! Thank you so much! -Kelsee