So here are a few pictures of what we did that day besides walk and walk and walk.
On the working farm the kids:
a. loosened kernels from the cobs of corn
(this was to feed to the animals)
a. loosened kernels from the cobs of corn
(this was to feed to the animals)
b. played games
Made corn husk dolls.
Ky's was a boy scout, of course
(originally, he didn't want to make a doll
because they are for girls)
Ky's was a boy scout, of course
(originally, he didn't want to make a doll
because they are for girls)
Learned about the doctor's office in the early 1900's
(here he is demonstrating a wrist splint)
(here he is demonstrating a wrist splint)
They even went to school in a one room
school house (for about 5 minutes).
Don't you love the look on Ky's face?
school house (for about 5 minutes).
Don't you love the look on Ky's face?
Decorated pumpkins
(left to right, B, Me, Ky, E)
??, Fall Goddess?, a boy scout (see a theme here?), and
a witch.
(left to right, B, Me, Ky, E)
??, Fall Goddess?, a boy scout (see a theme here?), and
a witch.
In an uncharateristic moment (when the rest of us were
enjoying ice cream) Bee decided to throw a fit.
enjoying ice cream) Bee decided to throw a fit.
There was a museum there and I thought this was funny.
I love this band's music, but never realized they were
named after a car.
I love this band's music, but never realized they were
named after a car.
This is a view from behind the main circle of buildings.
Isn't it just beautiful?
Isn't it just beautiful?
The Scout Master and Myself.
(He just wouldn't be serious, and can you see
that huge wrinkle on my face?)
We had a really great day there. We bought herbs, a little yarn, and some wonderful chocolate. We made bracelets in the Indian village too. It was so nice that they had those experienced for free for the kids. We had a great time (did I say that already? I don't think I could say it enough).



1 comment:
TOO FUN! Hooray a post on the Katie Chronicles!!!! This looks like a terrific day!
Caite
http://caites-whispertothewind.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment