Thursday, December 16, 2010

Long time....and I am sorry about that. I have been really struggling since we moved back in August. Maybe it's depression, maybe it's laziness....I am chalking it up to a little of both.

I really don't care for our apartment (something that really bothers the Scout Master). I think it bothers him because he "picked" the apartment. However, it really has little to do with who picked it and just how terribly tiny it is....and all of the things that are inconvenient about it, things that don't bother him because they aren't his everyday job (take laundry, for example or even better carrying the groceries up a flight of stairs and then not having anywhere to out them once they are in the apartment). So this makes me not want to blog all the negative I feel because after all blogs are supposed to be lovely and happy, right? So also then I don't want to go back and catch up on all the things that happened before we moved because there are pictures of our house and our yard and our other things....which are, sadly no longer ours.

I've tried so many things to brighten up. Shopping (yuck, it takes us anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes to get to the shopping), working out (that's working a little....I've lost almost 15 pounds since we moved here), and I even went and got my long hair cut off, but I still struggle. I know I am not the only one who has had these struggles and I have turned to so much prayer I am sure Heavenly Father is weary of listening to me. So here I am writing and I feel a little bit better.

The best thing that has recently happened is that Bee is fully potty trained now! It's made me so happy to see her take this step to big girl land, but it has made me sad too to know that my baby is growing up. Weird, I know!

The Christmas Season is upon us and low and behold my address book is in storage somewhere....so if you are out there reading this please send your address my way!

I promise to try really hard to get back on here and get more of our doings posted.

Love and safety to all this season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Katie! We've lived in an apartment for 7 years while we played it smart with paying off dental school loans and taking things one step at a time. Just be glad you won't live there forever ~ there's light at the end of the tunnel! :) We are excited to buy a house next year--all of your patience will pay off and you'll be back in a home with lots of room to run around. It's hard to have 3 kids in a tiny space, but I just think about people in China who will always be living in a tiny space-- at least we will leave sooner or later! :) Keep your chin up!

Heather said...

i thought blogging was free therapy? I always like a real life blog when people confess their lives aren't exactly what they would like. Sorry about your apartment being small. It is mentally exhausting being in a place that just doesn't inspire you with kids all day. You can do it!