The story of his car is this. The Scout Master had to go to England for work the weekend before the Pinewood Derby and he was gone until last night, so sadly he couldn't be there to help us prepare the car. I was at a total loss so the night before the Scout Master left last week we ran out to Hobby Lobby and grabbed a legal, already cut out car body. Then after we dropped off the Scout Master at the air port (which was really hard for all of us, especially Ky and I, which so much terror in the air these days) we took off to spend the weekend and the extra day off at my parents house. Where I am happy to report Pappy (my father) was more then willing and also able to help Ky sand paint and weigh down his car while I took off running errands, going to church (alone where I could actually listen) and running around town looking for boots (the winter up here has been rough this year). So by the end of the weekend (even with all the kids running fevers, and being under the weather and us spending until Tuesday because of fevers, and Monday they had off anyway) Pappy and Ky were able to finish up a really good lookin' car!
Ky with his car. Front view.
After the Derby we asked Ky were he wanted to eat lunch (since it was the least we could do since he was the first eliminated player). He said McDonald's (which we normally refuse to eat at). He got his wish and then the rest of the afternoon we spent running around town and messing around. It was a fun first experience for all of us.



No comments:
Post a Comment