Isn't this a lovely house?
Well, it's all ours as of Friday the 25th!! (Yes, 2 exclamation points. Really I could do a million more, but I figure you can tell I'm over the moon ecstatic about the fact that we have actually found and bought a house by the usage of just 2 exclamation points. But I digress...) This is our lovely, wonderful, roomy, dream home. I can't believe it finally happened for us. We have been looking for 6 months (more if you count me looking before our old house actually sold). This is 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths on a full basement, joy! I can't tell you how happy I feel about this, really there aren't words.
Some will say that I am spoiled because I am used to this kind of room, and some will say "well the pioneers had like 10 kids in a one room cabin." But to them I say, they sure did....but in today's standards, that would be illegal (and they had all the prairie to let their kids roam in, without having to worry about someone hurting them)!! I can't say that I hold much love for our current tiny little apartment. I won't be sad it say good bye to it's one bath and 2 bedrooms, or it's no garage and having to warm up the car for 30 minutes to defrost it so I can go anywhere in the winter, problems, or even it's cigarette smoke filled hallways. Nope, can't even say that I will miss having to go to the laundry mat or using the wet cat smelly washer and dryer here in the 3rd floor closet. However, I will say, it did it's job well by giving us shelter from the wild weather this year and kept us warm (a toasty 85 degrees year round without even having to turn on the heat). So in that respect it has been a blessing. Also the last 6 months have given our family the opportunity to see if this is were we really wanted to live before we committed to a house, and it turns out.....it's way to small here, and nothing is open on Mondays. The apartment has also been the biggest source of my blogging silence because I was always taught that "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." I despise the fact that I was such a complainer about this place. I am sure I complained to anyone who would listen (sorry people). I tried to keep my mouth shut, but many more times then I would have liked.....all that was bad about it spewed right out of my mouth before I could stop it.
However, here I am now seeing the bright roomy light, at the end of the tiny little apartment tunnel. I must say that it was worth it. The money we saved during this time helped us to afford this majestic palace. Yes, it really does look that way in my eyes, and no one will tell me any different!
So here are the pictures of the inside with some of my commentary. I want to show you a few of my favorite things about our new palace.
Welcome to the kitchen.
This should look somewhat familiar to some of you.
Click here for comparison to our last kitchen.
This should look somewhat familiar to some of you.
Click here for comparison to our last kitchen.
The living room with fireplace.
I was just thinking, that fire place looks familiar too.
Click here and scroll down to the picture
of the Scout Master's party.
I was just thinking, that fire place looks familiar too.
Click here and scroll down to the picture
of the Scout Master's party.
A Dinning Room
(never had one before)
This especially makes me excited because
I have 2 tables that I love. The big one and
the one we bought for tiny little apartment and
now I can use them both!
(never had one before)
This especially makes me excited because
I have 2 tables that I love. The big one and
the one we bought for tiny little apartment and
now I can use them both!
Landing of the stairs.
B looking cute!
(She was dying for me to take her picture)
B looking cute!
(She was dying for me to take her picture)
Did I tell you there where 2 1/2 baths?
Jealous of my soaking tub?
Another wonderful thing about our new palace?
The laundry is upstairs in this closet!
(And the Scout Master bought me new
front loading machines to put in there).
So there you have it. All the wonderful things about the new house and all the pretty pictures to so with it. I can't wait to get into there. We have the keys and it's ours but we don't have to be out of our apartment until the 18th so we are taking the time to clean, clean the carpets, magic erase things, and are taking out stuff over slowly. Hoping we will only have to move the BIG STUFF on moving day, and we will be recovering the long lost treasure that is our storage unit by the end of April. Not too over whelming of a move. Which is really really really really x1,000 nice.



5 comments:
What a darling house! I absolutely love it and I am so excited for you! Good things definitely come to those who wait. I know you will create many treasured memories here. BTW, I checked out all the comparison links you shared...how funny! Enjoy this time and enjoy your beautiful, new home!! (Notice the two exclamation points.)
This makes me so happy. You will never take your garage or extra bathroom for granted again huh! Congratulations.
Welcome back to blogging. It's BEAUTIFUL. It looks like the dream home for sure. Enjoy your soaking tub and that big roomie kitchen.
I hope you got my comment, I guess I wasn't logged in.
Your home is gorgeous!!! I am so happy for you guys, and know that this will be a place that you will fill with lots of wonderful memories!
Post a Comment