Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

This year for Memorial Day we marched in a parade as apart of the troop that Ky is in. The starting point was just above town square and we marched to the cemetery where there was a ceremony for the fallen soldiers. The mayor gave, what I thought to be, a very insightful speech and there was also a gun solute along with the playing of Taps. There were several parts to the ceremony and it was nice for our kids to be there to learn about what Memorial Day is really for (and not just to get the day off of school). Around the middle of the ceremony I was very unceremoniously pooped on by a bird passing by. YUCK!! On the good side, it was just on my naked arm and not on my clothes or hair. After about 3 minutes, the mom of Ky's good friend in the troop pulled out some tissues and I grabbed a bottle of water and cleaned myself up. Of course, I had no wet wipes because I had left everything but the camera in the car. Guess that will teach me! Overall we had a great time.





Just starting out.


The Scout Master and our son.


Bee


Ky


E





1 comment:

Erika Amonett said...

How fun! Parades are some of the best parts of summer.