Monday, August 25, 2008

A Good Day Never Starts By Getting Pooped On!



Today.......what can I say more then I have already said? This morning after I got Emma off to school I noticed that while I had been out getting Emma on the bus, Bridget had decided to spill some of her milk (from a no-spill sippy cup) all over her chair and in addition her rear end. She was wet with milk and as I pulled off her pj bottoms they got caught on one of the diaper tabs. I did NOT realize she was stinky and therefore when it came off so did the poop. It was on her and the floor so I set about cleaning it up. Later after I had gotten it all cleaned up and her new diaper on I sat on the couch for a breather when I look down and see that the poop was also now on my shirt. GROSS!!



The day seemed pretty uneventful until Emma got home from school. When he headed off for our chiropractic appointment. After that a quick trip to Wal-mart (it was right next door) for a few things. By this time I was hungry and so where the kids. I grabbed a frozen pizza and we headed to the check out line. Where after all the groceries where on the belt and we were half check out Kyle says to me "You better hurry or it's going to pee pee all over." What?! I had just asked him if he needed to tinkle!! So that disaster was avoided thankfully.....thanks people behind me in line for understanding!! I walk in the door and bring in the sacks...I didn't want to even start those frozen pizzas!! I was too tired. I push play on the answering machine and it is my good family friend reminding me that there is a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) picnic at her house that I was invited to. So we loaded back up in the car and head off to her house in the country (and a huge yard) where my kids can have hot dogs and run, scream and play with some other kids. Hurray!!! I don't have to fix dinner! This however, came at a price. The kids finished their food and took off to play. The swing set was behind a tall and round pine tree.....so you couldn't see them really well......beyond the swing set there was a little row of pine trees and a barbed wire fence. I didn't know about the fence since you really can't see it for all the trees. Anyway, I don't know how but Kyle got over the fence to get the ball that the "mean kid" (as labeled by my kids) kicked the ball over the fence and Kyle had gone after it. On the way back over he got caught on the rusty barbed wire. So I am finishing my food and I hear my kids screaming. This is pretty much normal when we are outside and so for a moment I ignored it......I ran in the house to get my ringing phone and then toted Bridget out to see what was going on. I had just missed my call and then I can't see my kids.....I hear the screaming getting louder and then I push though the tress and I see.......Emma holding up Kyle whose short are caught on the barbed wire and his foot is caught in the fence. They are both screaming and look terrified. At this point they had probably been screaming for like 4 or 5 minutes. Emma had a death grip on him because she didn't want him to fall. Part of his shorts still caught higher then he was. I kicked into high gear at this point. The other kids where just standing there......some of them old enough to know to go and get some parents. I got Kyle untangled and assessed the damage. Just a few cuts and scrapes from the rusty barbs and an destroyed pair of shorts. I got him all cleaned up and then decided to leave. Once in the van (10-15 min later) Emma is still upset.....the "mean boy" had kicked her in the hip area while she was holding up Kyle and he had broken her favorite head band!! My friend had been kind enough (when we discovered the broken head band a little earlier in the bathroom) to give Emma one of hers. I didn't know that she had been kicked or that all of this had happened because the boy had kicked the ball over the fence so no one could play with it or the other things that he had done or I might have had to talk to his mother!! My friend will hear about this at our workout tomorrow. Just so that the mother can be aware of how her son had acted. It was terrible.



When we got home we still had homework to do and baths and a shower to take care of. It was a long day.



I can't even blog right tonight because I can't figure how to get the pictures off of my card. I am attempting again before I post this.



But on top of this all........we found out today that our home had been some one's second on their list (this showing happened on the 12th) and the only reason why they didn't offer on our house was because of the sand where the pool used to be. If our realtor had told us this say two weeks ago we might have been able to work out a deal with the people!! I must say that I am soo upset with our realtor. After our contract is over her "good name" will be mud on this blog and I hope everyone who ever googles her name stops to read what she is like as a realtor!!



Now to see if I can figure out the pictures.......







This is what happens to a pair of shorts when they meet barbed wire! You can also see the cut on his left leg!



This is how I found them when I came up to check on them tonight! At least they love one another. I haven't seen Emma as upset as she was today, while trying to save her brother, in a very long time. She looked just truly devastated. But look at them snuggled together. That is true love right there!!


2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh! I would get so mad at the "mean kids" Mom! I can be very "mother bear" when my kids get picked on! How touching though that your daughter kind of felt the same way about her brother.

Kim said...

That's my Emma pie! Being around the two of them is like watching the WWF!!! But, they do love each other. Did you ever call your friend and tell her what happened? I would blister that kid's behinder but good.