Monday, April 6, 2009

What Day Is It?

I have to confess that I haven't even got a clue what day it is today. I do know that I didn't have to get up this morning because it is the first day of Spring Break for the kids! I LOVE to sleep in. I know that in some people's opinion this means that I am lazy, but really I am not. I am just a night owl at heart and that makes getting up in the morning very, very hard.

So there I am in bed this morning.....sleeping soundly and having a really good dream.......really, it was lovely and I really wanted to see where it was headed, but instead I was awakened buy the ringing of my cell phone. Our lovely neighbor (she also goes to our church and was the realtor who sold us our house) called to make sure we weren't freezing to death since the power was out and it had been snowing all night. It was only 7:13AM, no one was up and we had no idea that the power was out. I hung up the phone and the Scout Master groggily asked me who it was. The Realtor I answer, the power is out. Which shot him right out of bed to go and check the sub pump. I closed my eyes and the phone rang. I answer and it is my mom. She tells me about a job in the paper that The Scout Master might be a good fit for. I hand off the phone to the Scout Master and I close my eyes again. I hear the shower and some other things drifting in and out of sleep. Buy 8:15 I was up for good. I never did get back to that lovely dream.

I have several things in the works. On Friday morning I cleaned up the basement and re-arranged the furniture down there. It just wasn't working for me the way we had it set up. So now I like it much, much better. I still have to finish putting the books back on the two book shelves and also sort and organize the toys in to the new bins.

On Saturday the kids, the Scout Master and I, met my old college roommate at an Amish site. We walked around and chatted about our lives. We keep in touch but it was so nice to see her and meet her new husband. I had a really great time, though my crying baby girl and my overactive children may have given them some pause. Overall it was nice to see her again.

Today, the Scout Master spent all day at his job of finding a job. He has filled out 100's (I'm not even exaggerating here) applications and talked to at least that many people on the phone. He is working so hard and I see his frustration as the pressure of finding a job builds to our last severance check. It's like his hard work isn't paying off. But he is working very, very hard. It seems that finding a job is more work then working a job. He was out doing that and my mom, fresh off of her vacation to Ashville, North Carolina, came over to show us all her goodies and the kids and I oohed and ahhhed over the gems she got while panning there. It was nice to see her again.

So for not know what day it is today, it's been good. I was just wondering are you a morning person or a night owl like me?

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am definately NOT a morning person.