Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Volunteer Tea

On Tuesday May 19th Emma's school had a Tea for the parents that volunteer there. They had a little program where the 1st graders sang and the 5th graders danced. I picked the perfect seat because I was right in front of Emma. She would not smile for me at all. They also had a nice little spread of breakfast delights. I sat next to a friend from church. I really enjoyed myself. I really liked seeing the 1st graders sing. These are the kids that I worked with on Monday afternoons. I got a few smiles and some waves from the other kids that I have helped or who have just seen me in the hallway and know that I am Emma's mom. The 5th graders made me laugh because I remember that awkward puberty stage where your not sure what is happening. The girls were all taller then the boys they coupled up with and not one smiled. Though to be fair it must be really hard to smile when you are concentrating so hard on your dance moves!





PS If anyone who reads my blog knows who to back date these things would you please let me in on the secret? Thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that you can backdate by going to edit posts then clicking on the one that you want to backdate...when you are in that post there is a hyperlink at the bottom that says post options .....there your post and time is and it can be changed and saved. LOL...I was trying to play with this myself to back date some.

LeslieW. said...

You are the winner of my giveaway! Congrats and thanks for visiting my blog. My email address is byrneslkb@aol.com. Please send me your mailing address so that I can send you your loot!