Anyway, the lease on our crappy sub-par, sock blacking apartment was up and we were jazzed to move. But on what money The Scout Master made feeding cows (yes, he really did that and sometimes I helped, it's a long story that doesn't have much to do with or current story so back to that later). What was I say? Oh, yes......so we were going to move but we needed to come up with some money. The only money we had other then our rent money was food money. So we put a down payment on the new apartment and ate Ramen Noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner for about a month. Really, a month. That isn't even me being dramatic or anything.
Needless to say that after that time Ramen Noodles didn't make onto our menu after that. But a few weeks ago while I was at the grocery store I picked up a 12 pack of Ramen Noodles for our food storage. It was a nostalgic purchase, I admit it.
Somehow the Scout Master got a hold of them and made them for dinner for everyone. This was the kids' first experience with Ramen Noodles. They loved them!! So to commemorate there first taste of chicken flavored Ramen Noodles I had to take a few pictures.
Emma thinks they are fun!
Kyle breaking the rules and eating
with his fingers.
with his fingers.
B. Having a great time with all those noodles!
I have to admit after so long a time they tasted good and had me thinking about how cozy it was in that new apartment with the heat, the hot water, and the cable.



1 comment:
Great story! Ahh--college days. I ate 25-cent-a-box macaroni and cheese all the time myself. :)
Post a Comment