Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fillings

This is the time of year when we start looking at our insurance and seeing what we have left to use before it mysteriously disappears at that magical 12th hour on the last day of December. That means it was time to find a dentist and use that insurance.

In all of my 31 years I have never had a cavity. Yes, you read that right NEVER. So here I am in the dental chair and I have 4 teeny tiny pin head sized, didn't even know they were there cavities. Which they then drilled and filled. It wasn't as bad as I had heard people say. I only had to be numbed for 2 of them and they were close together. But then again I was awake and alert when I had my compacted wisdom teeth brutally extracted from my mouth and went through 38 1/1 hours of medication free labor, and recovered from 3 c-sections. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for pain, I don't know. Either way it was not a terrible experience and I think the dentists office was a blast with all those ladies.

PS. I think I might have seen a peek at what I would like to be when I finally get my chance to go back to school. We'll see. Anyone who has been cavity free for 31 years must have a small obsession with teeth. Why not put that to good use.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Um, yeah, I'd say you have a high tolerance to pain after 38 1/2 hours of labor without any meds! :)

And you'd make a great dental hygenist!

Brittany said...

Hi there. This doesn't really have anything to do with fillings. I tried emailing you last week, but it came back to me for some reason.

I wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway (for the Twilight coin purses). Thank you also for your kind words. I had fun with those. I do have some extras, including some Alices in both the coin purse and mirror. (I think you said before you might be interested) I just opened an Etsy shop to list these since people were asking for them. In fact, so many people were asking for Edward to give as Christmas gifts that I started making some more. I should have them up in the next few days. No worries if you're not interested!

Thanks again! I hope you had as much fun with the Sew, Mama, Sew! giveaways as I did.

Take care,

Brittany
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Phesine
www.phesine.blogspot.com