Friday, December 18, 2009

School Parties!

Today was party day at the elementary school were Emma and Kyle go to school. I started out in Emma's class and helped them make reindeer food. It's a delightful mixture of oatmeal, glitter and in this case sprinkles. The kids are to put it out on Christmas Eve to attract the reindeer to our house. They also make these little train engines out of a variety of different candies that they then glued together. Super cute!

Here is Emma in her class.



After a while I went down to Kyle's class to see what he was up to. I found him at the cookie decorating table. Where he had frosted his own cookie and was enjoying it quite thoroughly.
I then helped while his class made.......yep, reindeer food. I did see a kid eat the mixture of oatmeal and glitter. Yuck!



After a little stay in Kyle's kindergarten room I headed back down to Emma's room to see what was going on there. They were having snacks! YUMMM!!! Her class has the best treats because a catering mom does them! These fantastic little Santa portraits are made from nutterbutter cookies dipped in melted white chocolate and sprinkles and well everything that could possibly be bad for you, but taste so good!



Emma refused to let me take a good picture of her...so here is
what I got!


She her choo choo train made of candies? Cute right?

I had a really good time at the parties. I am so happy that the Scout Master was home with B so that I could go and enjoy some time at the school parties.

No comments: