Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Memorial Day

May 25th 2009

Since I still haven't learned how to back date my posts and I don't want my memories lost I am just going to post them as I go. This is against my "I want this to be perfect" disorder but here it goes anyway.


Memorial Day 2009


This morning we went to a pancake breakfast at our Church. We ate talked and celebrated those who have served our country. We sang the songs of the different branches of the military and laughed so hard at how the lyrics for the Navy song are the only ones that involve drinking alcoholic beverages. We high tailed it out of there just in time to make it to the parade. We didn't even miss the first police car even though we had to walk 4 blocks from our parking space to our parade viewing corner. The funny thing is that we met my family there without even needing to coordinate ourselves. Just goes to show how we are all creatures of habit. Here are some pictures of us and our parade going experience. It was cold and windy.....just to let you know. We did not dress ourselves or the kids warm enough. Good thing we had a couple of blankets and jackets just taking up room in the van.

Emma looks a little grumpy.



Kyle and his smile.


B and her piggy tails.



The Scout Master and B.


Aunt Audrey and Me.


B waving at the parade. It took forever to get her to wave.






After the parade we trotted to the store to get some drinks, ice and general "cook out" goodies. This is because we hosted the Memorial Day Cook Out at our house. It was lots of fun. This was the first time that many of our family members had been to our home. It wasn't perfectly clean and when they wanted a tour I panicked big time. Because I had just cleaned the girls room the day before and had (as always) found about 5 loads of laundry in there. So I was going to leave my room off the tour but people peeked in anyway. And the basement was a mess from all the toys and also from the fact that we haven't unpacked all our goodies down there. Oh, well, it's life and I am lazy about unpacking stuff and sometimes about doing laundry too.

We had a little miss hap with the grill. We lost the propane tank in the move and didn't realize it until just then. Audrey and J saved the day by running out and grabbing us one. Which is a good thing because Audrey was really really hungry and being fairly vocal about it. The Scout Master did have a fire going and we thought about just cooking over that but we didn't have enough cooking sticks. Anyway, after that things went pretty smoothly.


Grandma and B


My Grandfather and My Aunt Laura.


My dad and his mother.


Becky, Stephon, & my Grandmother.

Aunt Dot (Stephon's mom and my grandma's sister) was there too along with Audrey and Jason. I'm not sure why I don't have more pictures but these were all I had. The food was good and the company was great. I believe a good time was had by all!

No comments: