I have been seriously neglectful of my blog lately. Partly because we spent most of February with sick kids, and partly because I am worn out tired. I am sorry and vow to try my best to do better. Not that I have a huge following or anything but I miss you all when you don't write and I know my family that reads this misses it when I don't post.
Case in point: my grandma called the other day and asked why I haven't been on. Well, at that point I was up to my elbows in the "up" of B who is too young to make it to the white throne when the need to "up" overpowers her. But too I hadn't been on because I didn't feel like I had much to say or any good stories to tell. But here I am now rambling on.
So new paragraph, new subject. The weather here as been crazy. Wind, rain, thunder and lightening. On Sunday, the sun broke through in time for us to make it one and a half times around the circle. The other half of the circle we got a little damp, but made it home none worse for the wear. The whole time we were tossed about by the wind and Kyle got knocked off his bike twice by the powerful force of the wind. We also saw three kids in the neighborhood who all knew Emma. It was funny to hear kids call her name and wave. She is such a popular little thing. Yesterday, the sun made another appearance and the kids begged me to go on a walk, so that is what we did. Just once around the circle because it was bitterly cold, our hands were frozen.
Last Thursday night my dad was rushed to the hospital. He was having all the signs of a stroke. When it was all said and done they have decided that he actually had two strokes at that time and a few more from some time in the past. He is fine now with no real lasting complications. He can drive and continue on normally, but he may not be able to work anymore. I think that might still be up in the air at this point.
Saturday, the Scout Master and I were disappointed because we were unable to go to the temple in Chicago as we had planned. It just wasn't really possible with my dad in the hospital for my mom to get away long enough for us to go. I haven't been in almost 3 years and was really looking forward to it. But that is how it goes sometimes. I did however, get to go to see Twilight with my sister which was very fun. We had to make fun of the girl who plays Bella though for flickering her eyelids like crazy for most of the movie. I had seen it with my husband but seeing it with another girl was a little more fun. The movie isn't as good as the book, but it is still a good flick. I just wished that they wouldn't have sacrificed so much of Bella's character (making her more almost mean then just self conscious and clumsy) and they portrayed Edward as more weak then he is in the book. But I digress......this isn't an issue of national importance, so I will move on.
Not much is really going on here. Just living our lives as we do day to day and praying for the future of our nation. I hate to say I told you so now, but I think the day will come when it will be more then fair for me to say it.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment