Monday, March 16, 2009

Post Layoff Weekend

Our weekend was extra long this week since the Scout Master did not have to go to work on Friday. Friday, was a hard day for us. In the house and trying to stay occupied. I searched for jobs on the Internet and the Scout Master made beds, hung up clothes, and cleaned kids rooms to keep his mind off of the news that we had gotten on Thursday. The Scout Master met with the job finding service (Career Transitions, or something can't really remember the name) in the afternoon and came home from that in a positive mood. They help with resume writing and have fax machines, copier/printers, long distance capable phones, and other job searching needs available for him to use. So he can go there and search for a job all day long (you know like a job). It seems to really be lifting his spirits. We are trying hard to look at it like an opportunity for him to find his dream job (which are being and astronaut/working for NASA or the INL). Either for those would require us to move again. But if it has benefits (you know like insurance) then we would gladly take it. The ideal job however, would be something in our current (or at least near it) place of residence.

Ever since we have moved I have had this funny feeling like I wasn't home and at any day it would be time to pack our suitcases and head for home (Kokomo, or so I thought). So I guess maybe I was right, just wrong about where home was. But if we are looking at this situation in eternal perspective then we can thank our Heavenly Father for getting us out of Kokomo (Forbes #3 of 10 top dying towns in America) when the getting was descent and at no expense or hard labor of our own. But enough with the depressing and on with the weekend fun!

Saturday morning my mom called and told us about the St. Patrick's Day parade. I looked it up on line and we got ready and headed on down there. We had a really good time and the sun was shining and my camera was taking the best pictures.....so here they are:




Us at the start of the parade.


Ky and Emma after being squirted by the little fire truck.


Why the republicans ROCK!!



The river before the dye.


And after the dye.


The Scout Masters handsome face.



Me.


B wouldn't look at the camera for anything.


We decided on foil dinners for our meal.
Plus nothing cheers up the Scout Master like
a good fire!


Enjoying the yummy food!


I hope that your weekend was just as great. Only without the being laid off on Thursday part!

No comments: