There are no pictures of tonight's pizza party because I was having such an enjoyable time that I didn't even want to take pictures.
See a few nights ago my Gramps called me up and asked if he and Grams could come over with some pizza tonight. If you know us you know there must really be something wrong if we turn down free food! But seriously I enjoy just about every minute I spend with my Grandparents. They have got to be some of the very best people out there. But I digress, this is how the pizza party came to be. And all I had to do was clean my kitchen! So this early evening at exactly the prescribed time (they are also usually very punctual) they showed up with pizza in hand. And jello desert to boot! I know you love them already.
We ate and talked. It is amazing to me to watch them watch my children. Everything I see trough their eyes becomes fun to me. Like B picking at her pizza. They just laughed at her for her quirky ways and watching them watch her, she somehow became even more precious to me. After we stuff our tummy's full of pizza and having enjoyable chit chat, the Scout Master had to go to what we still refer to as his 2nd job. Then I got to enjoy my Gramps playing the dragon to my kids' knight in shining armor and distressed princesses. It was a memory that I hope to keep with me always. He was very convincing as a dragon I have to say and played the dragon's destruction worthy of an Oscar! It bought back my own memories of how I much I enjoyed spending time with them.
Do they read my blog? Of course they do!! I am famous to them, I know it! So when they read this I want them to know that I love them, especially tonight when they knew that bringing over dinner, playing with my kids, and giving me extra long hugs was just what this granddaughter needed!
I hope you have similarly wonderful grandparents! I know that yours will never be the #1 grandparents in the world though.....because I have those right here with me!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It sounds like you and your kids are very, very lucky!
That's really sweet! Grandparents are the best!!
Post a Comment