Thursday, March 12, 2009

Which do You Want First?

I have some good news and some bad news! Which would you like to read about first? Let's see.....I think that I will start with the bad news and then leave you smiling at the end.


The bad news:

So today I when to Emma's school to volunteer. It was nice to see her and see how she is at school. While the kids were at music class I was organizing some books for the teacher when my cell phone vibrated in my back pocket. I thought there must be something going on with little B (you know crying, falling down and the like) but....the phone said "HOME."

Odd? Yes!

Oh, the Scout Master must have forgotten something after lunch and needed to know where it was at the house.

Me: Hello?

S.M.: Guess what?

Me: What?

S.M.: I lost my job!

Me: (too stunned to speak.....) You're kidding right?

S.M.: I am not kidding or joking. This is real.

Me: (not believing it) I don't believe it! I'm soo sorry!

What else do you say? I mean we weren't cocky about it or anything.....but when a company spends in double digit thousands to move you and get you to come and work at a place they usually don't lay you off after 1 year and 2 weeks. That's just not good business practice. They didn't get their money's worth that is for sure! We haven't even lived here a whole six months yet! Crazy! The funny thing is that they were bidding on new jobs after next weeks shut down. Now if they get those there is only one engineer left in his department to do the jobs. Not good for your company, not good at all.

So if you see any jobs for an electrical engineer or an IT systems engineer......send them our way.
Don't worry too much. We got a severance package and that included some help on finding a new job. However, we have our own plans in place and with the help of our Heavenly Father we will make it. It is nice to know that even at the beginning of this year places were still calling on one of his old online resumes. Our gratitude would be yours if you sent up a little extra prayer in our behalf.




Now on to the good news:

We went to the local library to night and we got to meet Leprechaun Dan! He is the mascot for Notre Dame. He read the kids a story and then taught them an Irish jig, and the Notre Dame fight song! He also graced them with a good luck gold ring and a coloring sheet at the end. Here are the pictures of the event.









4 comments:

Angie said...

Welcome to the world of unemployment. Sorry you are now part of the club.

Shannon said...

Bless your hearts! We will definitely keep you and the Scout Master in our prayers. He is so smart and talented, I know it will be no time before he's offered another job!

Brielle said...

Wow. That is shocking. I'll keep my eye out for you guys.

Gooey Goodness Of Life said...

awww man... I am sooooooo sorry... :(
I will for sure say prayers for you guys.... my hubby works in IT... he is a software engineer/programer type lol... I will see what he says.... but... we are in utah lol... come on out!...:)

your cute kids can play with my cute kids lol