Thursday, September 10, 2009

Baking


Sometimes when I am upset I bake.

Today I baked banana bread and chocolate chip walnut cookies.

A few days ago I found out that my (for lack of a better word) brother's wife passed away.

And so I baked to keep myself occupied.

She was just 28 and just had a baby a few months ago.

So I baked some more.

I had just seen her and was sure she was going to beat that leukemia but she didn't. Leaving behind her husband and 4 children all under 5.

So I baked the cookies.

I have had a very hard time with this all. Did I tell you that last month my good friend of 20 years ended his life? Well, he did leaving behind not only his wife but also his two daughters. I was really hit hard by that one too.

Sorry this is such a sad post, but it is what has been going on around here.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry you are having so many hard times right now. I hope you'll find peace in the near future.