Friday, September 18, 2009

Being Goofy

Today we must have been in a goofy mood because we went to Lowe's after the kids got off of school. We went to get some paint for a project that I will be sharing with you either late this week or early next week. At least I think that is why we were there. Anyway, near the end of our little outing the Scout Master got this cart for the kids to ride on (you know you can't sue Lowe's if your kids get hurt because you really aren't supposed to do that, it says so right there on the cart). The kids wanted me to get on but I said I could walk. The Scout Master says no get on, which is very unusual for him. He usually doesn't like to be stared at in public. He actually said I wouldn't do it, which I really would normally do, except that I didn't want to make a scene for the Scout Master's sake. So after that I just got right on and he pushed us to the check out and all around the parking lot. At one point we were waving like parade beauties. We made lots of people smile which in turn made us smile! What a goofy and funny thing for us to do.

Here we are on the cart. B was laying down
so you can't see her.


The Scout Master and I.
Being pushed around like a queen may just suit me.



Later that evening we went to a surprise party for our bishop. It was his 40th birthday. The Scout Master and I had been given the responsibility to bring the punch ingredients that his wife had given to me on Wednesday night. So we headed over there early and his kids let us in and we helped decorate and made punch and all of that fun party stuff. He was completely surprised. He never even had a clue. Which his wife told us was very hard, because he usually finds everything out. So Happy Birthday Bishop!

Turing 40 must be fun.



The Scout Master and I at the party. A little PDA.

I felt really good that night because I got several compliments on my shirt and was told I looked really cute. So it was a goofy and fun day.

No comments: