Since there was no school today (Fall Brake) and the Scout Master doesn't work on Fridays we decided to take the kids to a school's out skate. We skated for a little over 2 hours and had the best time. We were the only family there and besides us there were only a few other kids. We all skated. Yes, The Scout Master and I included. It wore us out!
You can hardly see but this is B skating along.

B won the Limbo contest!

Emma and Kyle won a game too.

What fun we had! The kids love to skate and the best part about today is that this is the skating rink that I used to frequent when I was Emma's age. It looked just the same. They really need new carpet though! It brought back good memories of me skating to the Super Bowl Shuffle while the played the video on the wall. The Fridge! I had to smile about that!
3 comments:
Hi Katie -
I stumbled upon your blog thru the 320 Sycamore blog (great blog don't you think!?!) and comments you made there and you peaked my interest.
I hope you don't think I am some crazy blog stalker, ok I kindof am, but I am dying to know if you do indeed live in South Bend, IN.
We lived there recently for one year while my husband John got his MBA. We just loved the area, people, our ward and of course the big ND. Is your husband working at ND?
I'd love to hear more about you, your blog is great by the way, and if you know any of our friends there in South Bend. My email address is jcbcrippen1@juno.com.
If you think this is just way to weird then hey no worries, just ignore my comment.
Thanks,
Charlotte Crippen
Skating is a lost art form. What a great way to relive memories of the past and forge new memories for the future. Great family activity!
Wow! B can skate too?! I can't even skate properly!
Post a Comment