Saturday, October 3, 2009

Corn Maze

It was a corn maze adventure today. We knew we wanted to take the kids to the corn maze this year. The last time the Scout Mater and I had been in a corn maze was way back when we lived in Idaho and we had gone with some of our married friends to this really complicated snowflake maze somewhere near Idaho Falls. But that was many years ago. Back to the present. We woke up this morning ready and willing to take the kids to the corn maze. It was wet so we decided to go out to breakfast first. While eating we saw start tumbling down. It was even more wet by the time we left the restaurant. We did a few other things and made a run home....it was still raining. So we went to Best Buy were we spent a good long time playing Beatles Rock Band and Wii resort. The real reason we went was to look for a new laptop but I was trying to keep the kids busy so the Scout Master could concentrate and we all ended up being distracted. So then we decided to tuff out the corn maze since the kids wanted to do it so badly. Just as we pulled in to the corn maze, it cleared right up. The sun started to warm us and we had a fun time going through the states (the corn maze was a map of the USA and there were questions for us to answer). Here are some pictures of our time there.


Bee wearing the Scout Master's hat.


Somewhere in the corn maze.



Trekking through the maze. See how the sun is shining?



Answering the question on Indiana
(which we actually missed, how was I supposed to
remember what high school the movie
Hoosiers was about? I haven't even seen it).



Finishing the maze.




After our fun tromp around the maze we went over to the pumpkin patch part of the farm. We saw many amazing pumpkins. I didn't realize that there were so many different varieties of pumpkins. My favorite were the Fairytale and the Cinderella varieties. But these were very interesting as well.

Jade Pumpkins


Long Island Cheese pumpkins
(Apparently they are for pies and baking. Hey, that
is what the sign said).



Kyle and Bee.



You'll see the end result of this seemingly weird picture soon.



Looking into the pumpkin's nose. I have no idea what
they are looking at.


The Scout Master thought this was funny.


So as we reached our van with our pumpkin stash it started to sprinkle rain down on us. By the time we got in our car and we were driving away it started pouring. Good timing rain....good timing.



P.S. The Scout Master was really fun today. He was taking pictures for this blog, so I could blog, which he hardly ever does. He always laughs at my little blogging habit. So I just had to say that I thought it was cute.

No comments: