Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I CAN NOT believe this!

So if you have been following this blog of mine at all you know that I have been pretty sick lately. With me being the only one of me and being stuck in the couch in cold sweats and falling asleep at every turn......things around the house got behind!! This includes the laundry. Normally laundry is one of my favorite chores. I LOVE the way that warm laundry just out of the dryer smells and how nice it is to see something that was so dirty is now clean, this makes me happy. So today was catch up day on the laundry. I got a bit of a late start and did the jeans first because they take the longest to dry and then the rest seems to go so fast! I washed a full super size load of jeans. This is NOT the first time that I have done this. Then I put them in the dryer and waited for them to be done. I heard them happily turning and playing in the dryer! I like that sound. In the mean time I had started my second load of light colors. (The first thing I always do when doing laundry is sort all the colors in the hallway that way nothing is missed). When I heard the dryer finally stop I went and got them out.......you already know I was enjoying the smell and the warmth of it all. I set them in the living room and when to switch the light colors to the dryer. A few pieces of clothing in and........they were still soaking wet. I mean dripping!! This is very unusual because I have my washer set on extended spin to get all the water out possible. So I set the machine to spin only......I hear it run but it doesn't do anything. I called my hubby and he said well, I don't have an answer for you......just don't use it. ARGGGGG.......Thanks for the help Mr. Amos!! I love you so much......but that wasn't what I needed to hear! So I put the dripping wet clothes in the dryer and turn it on. A false start. Okay try again.........now there isn't even a noise. Not even the glimmer of hope of it starting up. What am I going to do now? We move next week and I have dirty laundry out the wazoo and now NO way to do it and NO way to dry my soaking wet clothes!! I will give it a try in a little bit, in case it was over heated or something! But my goodness, two appliances in one day? What is the likelihood of that? It's just my luck!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Laundrymat? How fun will that be?

Kim said...

OOOps forgot to say, maybe you should have let the buyer of your house have the washer and dryer! Hind sight is always better than right now sight! lol

Nancy Sabina said...

oh MAN! I am so sorry. Drama like that is never fun.