Monday, October 27, 2008

Okay, Here's the Situation

Today we have been in our new home for a week, so I thought that you should all hear the story so far.

Thursday the 16th- Packers came late and packed. Humm.....if you can't say anything really nice best not to say anything at all.


Friday the 17th- Packers came back (only a little late)......two hour lunch......finally returned.......loaded finally got all our stuff on the semi and took our stuff to Indy. We finally head for my sisters house (our layover, if you will) around 6PM. Told that we are to expect delivery of our good on Saturday morning by 10:30AM at the latest. Drive.......


Good-bye house.........we will miss you! This is the house that I brought all my babies home to.....and worked on remodeling with my hubby and other family too. The kids and I lovingly waved to all our favorite places in town as we drove away.....my hubby was driving behind us in his car and wondered what we were up to.

We get to my sister's house and demand to be fed.........she feeds us and and we crash.

Saturday the 18th- We get a call from our realtor (who is now going to be our neighbor and our Relief Society president at church). She says she thinks the movers are there (this is at 9Am). Surely not our movers actually early!! John heads over......I finish getting the kids dressed and in the car.......drive......ring....ring.....


"Hello?"


"It wasn't the movers.......they aren't here yet so take your time."


"Thanks hubby, but we are already half way there."
I am not shocked that they are not there. It would be so out of their character to be early. Arrive at the new house and run out to get a rug to protect the kitchen floor at 10:16AM we arrive at our home and the part of the road after our turn in is now dirt. 11:30AM the movers have still not arrived. The road is now all dirt. They finally call at 11:52AM they are at the Wal-Mart near our home and have decided that they can not get the truck to our house (well, it wouldn't have been a problem had they been on time, now would it?). After several phone calls talks with the road crew (who, by the way, said there wouldn't be a problem for a semi to pass) and lots of fighting on my hubby's part.......the movers head back to Indy with our stuff!! We go and look at some new tables after a really great lunch with my grandparents and mom. It's nice to be around them again.


Sunday the 19th- Had to stay at my sister's again. Not that it is bad or anything......just inconvenient to her and her hubby. We had no Sunday clothes..... so I had bought for the kids.....I had my funeral outfit still out and John had some nice casual clothes (but had to wear sneakers), but headed to church anyway. It was a good Sunday. I really like our Sunday school teacher. He is funny and I like his take on the lessons. I do miss Sister Myers though (the Sunday school teacher we left behind). Later that night we build a fire in our new fire pit.



Monday the 20th- The road to our subdivision is all packed down dirt now. There should be no problems with delivery today. They show up and unload. They only drop two dolly's full worth of our goods off the ramp. Glad that they are gone. I unpack enough to get everyone in bed.


The rest is just unpacking with my sister and getting my new table.


This is the first piece of furniture that we have bought that didn't belong to someone else first or was given to us. I think it is beautiful.

That's all for now.....more later!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Bless your heart! Sorry you had such a terrible time. Moving is never easy or fun! :(

Gooey Goodness Of Life said...

it is a beautiful table!