Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Last Sunday with a First

Today was our last Sunday with our dearly loved ward family. I can't believe that for the better part of 20 years I have been going Sunday after Sunday to the same ward, with mostly the same people. They have become so much a part of my life with Relief Society, Book Club, Enrichment night and various ward activities, that it is hard to picture my life without seeing them on a weekly bases. One sister and I shared some tears together as she told me she would miss me being around......I realized that she was my first Sunday school teacher. Wow! Their opinions and thoughts on the gospel have helped me build my testimony and shape my character over the years. How could I possibly tell them all how much they have meant to me and how thankful I am for all the many hours they spent teaching me, listening to me teach and putting up with my antics and loud laughter. I couldn't have told them even if I would have had three sacrament meetings worth of time. I did bare my small and meager testimony since it was testimony meeting today (one Sunday off because of general conference). The Bishop actually said that we were going to make him cry (he spoke at the death of our little Faye, before he was the Bishop). See how they have supported me over the years?

Yes, there have been times that I have been hurt, or frustrated because of the ward and it's members over they years, but that really pales in comparison to what we have done for each other. We all know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the the members of His church are human and make mistakes......so it is easier to forgive.

Even in just the last eight years they have seen me though being newly married, 4 pregnancies, the death of a few loved ones and other bumps that life has given to my husband and I.

One man in the ward got up and said how much John had meant to him and the boys (since he is a die hard scouter, my hubby). I was really touched by his remarks and his feelings toward my hubby.
It is hard to think that we have made an impact on peoples lives just by doing what we do every Sunday......every day.......just by being us. But we have.......and so have they with us.

That really is all that I can say about it now. I might make myself cry and usually I am a pretty composed person.......ask my family! LOL!!

But along with all the good-byes today there was a first. Bridget had her FIRST Sunday in nursery today. I try to take a picture of each of my children on their first time in nursery. So here is Bridget's.


I am so very lucky that none of my children have ever cried or throw a fit when being left in nursery. They all have been okay with us going. See here how she didn't even look at me when I was trying to take her picture. LOL!! But she went right in.

Other weekend happenings where as follows:






I didn't get any good photos of Kyle from the Children's Museum because he was so wild and happily running around! But he and hubby where there as well! Having a great time.



3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! You touch me. I know the Ward will miss you. Bridget riding on grandma's favorite Giraffe is soo cool! Now, honey, look forward to all the new firsts!
We can't wait to have you up here with us!

Brielle said...

I'll miss you guys, I'm glad you'll update your blog often!

Miriam said...

What a time! It is so tender to say goodbye! Especially when you know exactly what you're leaving and don't know yet quite what you're going to. Hope these next weeks of "beginnings" are good ones for you.