Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas At Our Place

Our Christmas week was hectic! The Scout Master and I waited until the last minute to do our shopping and talk with Santa. Which has it's good points and it's bad points. It seemed to work out well. I really don't want to wait until the 20th to do ALL our shopping next year! I didn't even get out Christmas cards because of all the unpacking and cleaning and water problems that we had. We also had some terrible weather on the 23rd and 24th. However, it provided for a white Christmas.


On Christmas Eve I was vacuuming away when I was in the girls room (the second to last room to be vacuumed) I started to smell something funny! Oh dear, it was the vacuum, smelling burnt up. The Scout Master took it apart for me and discovered that it is the ball bearing in the brush was destroyed and the belt was just about to brake apart. It is going to cost $45 to replace it. That stinks!! I have to get the Scout Master to order it today so that we can get it and I can vacuum soon (since this is my favorite chore around the house). Needless to say I didn't get my vacuuming done! Or my room completely picked up before my in-laws arrived. Which, of course, is where they will sleep! Oh, well.


My father-in-law had been up for almost 24 hours when they got here. Poor guy. But we were so happy to see them. That night we had a party at our house. My parents came and we ate and ate. Then I bathed the kids and put them to bed. They were more then happy to go to bed.....I wonder why? LOL!! Then I stayed up and wrapped presents while my in-laws went to bed, and my mom and dad watched one of my early Christmas presents (Mamma Mia).


Christmas Morning......the kids didn't even get us up until 7:30 AM. The Scout Master and I were sleeping in the living room on the new furniture (it sleeps pretty well). My mother-in-law had been up for hours just waiting to hear the kids get up (she is an early riser anyway). B was still asleep but we let the older to get started. We were unable to video tape this year because the power cord was missing for my video camera! I was so sad when I had gone to plug it in on Christmas eve......I always keep it in the bag with the camera. I guess my search for that now begins!
Here are some pictures of the Morning:
(Warning: there is lots of red eye...I don't know why my red eye thingy wasn't working.)

Emma and here new "American Girl" doll.


Kyle's bike from Santa.



B just waking up. Not sure if she wants to unwrap anything.


New Littlest Pet Shop pets.


John Deer Farm.....oh, what fun.

B....finally unwrapping something...(sitting on Granny's lap)



..and loving her little wooden duck. She was coming to give me a kiss! How cute!


The Scout Master got me some cute presents and I got him a civil war game for our Play Station. We got Granny and Grandpa (my in-laws) some Colts ornaments. Granny is a die hard Colts fan! I didn't get any pictures of this I am not sure why!

However, the kids had a great time. We had a good breakfast and then we had a great lunch here at Willow Cottage (I am trying out this name for our house......I don't know if it will stick or not). Aunt Audrey, Uncle J, Mom, Dad, MIL, FIL, Emma, Kyle, B, the Scout Master and myself ate until we could eat no more and opened some more presents.

Later we went to the movies (this is tradition for the Scout Master and his family) and saw this, which was surprisingly good. The kids loved it and so did we.

Even though the Scout Master and I started coming down with colds we still were able to enjoy Christmas and the day after. We went to the Chocolate Factory and then a cool diner after which we went to the Farmers market (which was pretty sad because half the booths weren't open). We said good bye to granny and grandpa they left early Saturday morning. Then the Scout Master had to stay home from church on Sunday.

I think that wraps up our little Christmas adventure. I still have a few posts in mind....so more will be coming. But now it is time for lunch and Christmas aftermath clean up!

3 comments:

Angie said...

You were missing your power cord too? Is there someone breaking into homes and stealing only camcorder power cords????

Brielle said...

That looks like a fun Christmas. We saw that mouse movie on Christmas and hated it!! I think that will be the last time we go to a movie with the kids without thoroughly researching it first. Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

Katie, the kids look so cute and happy opening their presents! They are adorable!