Today was your actual first day of school. The one where I had to drop you off at the door and say good bye. You were so ready and excited to go. All day long you would ask me if it was time for school yet. Really, you did.....just about every five minutes or so. I am so excited for you to learn and grow. I don't know what it was about today, I mean you have been in pre-school for two years now, but today was hard for me. I took your little picture and got you back in the van to wait where I took your picture again. When it was time you jumped out of the van eager to start your new adventure and I felt sad for me and excited for you all at the same time. You went straight to the line up of other kindergartners and waited their with bouncing anticipation. I drove away watching you in my rear view mirror and let out a little tear that you had gotten so grown up. I waited all day (okay, just 3 hours really) for you to step off that bus. When you did you were smiling and happy. I was happy for you and proud too. You had a wonderful day of kindergarten. I hope you love learning at school as much as you have love learning here at home.
Love,
Mom
Mom
PS Here are 2 of the picture that I took of you today. You are really starting to look like a big kid!



No comments:
Post a Comment