Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good Deals & Big Girl Undies

So it has been almost nothing but back to school talk and shopping around here lately. I don't usually like to go to children's resale shops because I feel like I can get a better deal in the clearance sections at regular stores. But it was raining so to keep dry we walked the strip mall and decided to go into the resale shop. I found so many good deals today. Here is just a picture of two of my favorites. A brand new tags still on Carter's baby denim dress for $5.50 and a new without tags (I am positive is has never been worn or washed more then once) Tommy Hilfiger denim dress for $8.50. Not too shabby. I also picked up new jeans for the older two, and a few other things as well.



So B has been doing so good at keeping dry in her pull ups (still haven't mastered the #2) that I bought her some undies when I was at the store buying undies and socks for the other two. Emma, bless her heart, put the undies on B and B was so excited that I couldn't get them off of her. She used the potty and stayed dry all evening and into the late hours of the night, until at 12:30 AM (yes, she was still up....I was soo tired) when she poured her glass of water over her hands and peed at the same time....all over my kitchen chair and floor. OOPS was all she said. That made me laugh but then I forced her back into a pair of pull ups. Did I mention that I am not potty training her? I haven't even thought about it really. She is doing this all on her own and I am encouraging it. How could I not? I think once the kids start school I will actually concentrate on the potty training. Though I think it is more fun for B when Emma takes her.

No comments: