Today must be the day that I am officially old. You may wonder why I say this but it is really quite simple. All of my life whenever there was a parent with a child being baptized they were older. Yes, they were married and grown and were old enough to have a child old enough to be baptized. Well, guess what. My little piggy tale girl has grown up into a loosing teeth, attitude giving, young lady. It was also a happy coincidence that today was The Scout Master's work picnic. Yes, on a Sunday and yes, I must also confess that we skipped church to go (I feel so much better now that I have confessed my unsabbath like behavior). We got free admission to the Zoo along with a catered lunch. Emma really enjoyed this birthday treat even if on the way home she said we should have gone to church too. At least I know that she has a conciseness. Here is a map of the zoo if you would like to check it out. It was a long drive there.
The very first thing we did after we entered the zoo was go to the Indiana farm. It was very cool. It had a house, chicken coop, laundry line, goat yard, and Barn. They brushed the goats and pet the animals.
This horse was beautiful.
First Stop: African Journey
Then the Australian Outback.
When we got home that night we ate pizza and my parents brought over cake and ice cream for our Birthday girl. She was so excited when Aunt Audrey and Uncle Jason showed up all to eat cake with her. She didn't even get any presents today but I bet it is a birthday that will stay in her memory for a good long while.



1 comment:
I'd go just for that tasty lunch!
Post a Comment