Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy Busy, Busy

Things around here have been crazy busy. Not so much that we have had a lot to do but because well......I am married with 3 kids how can that not be crazy? Mix in a second job for the hubby, a science fair project, college level homework, first grade homework, dress-up like what you want to be when you grow up day at preschool, a sick little girl (with the works, coming out of both ends), and trying to keep the house sanitized, well that makes for a busy start to a week.

The Scout Master had a talk on Sunday (seeing as it was scout Sunday, and he is the scout master). NOT ONE SCOUT wore his uniform and besides my hubby no other scouts spoke!! The Bishopric didn't even know it was Scout Sunday until my hubby happened to mention it to them the Sunday before! The youth speaker was a girl and then someone from the High Council also spoke. While their talks were good (yes, we were on time.......he had a talk), they weren't about scouting and it was a really let down. I blame the Relief Society totally! I announced it to them and they let me down! Usually when you need something done you just tell the ladies and it happens....but not this time! Oh, well. The Scout Master didn't seem that upset about it.....but I was. After Sacrament we were the spotlight family in Primary and after that the Scout Master and I had a nice chit chat with the High Councilman (he is just 31 people!!! that is stinkin' young for a High Councilman don't you think?). Then on to Relief Society for me. I will confess that during the lesson I did head out (yes, I am in the presidency but I do have a little one in nursery and on the days I feel that I just can't sit there, or I feel like I must have made a stupid comment because of the way the teacher reacted to me (this being the reason for me leaving this time), I use B as an excuse to leave so that I can "check" on her). She was fine and I spent the rest of the meeting (and it wasn't much) talking to some people in the ward.

Monday I did something that I have never done before, I went to court with the Scout Master. Last month he got this really bogus ticket from a really arrogant cop. The cop said that he was doing 50 in a 30 but there was really NO way he could have been (the cop actually admitted that he didn't know for sure how fast he was going so he just said 50) because he was just starting to go from on stop light and trying to merge into the right hand lane and stopping for the next light (they are really close together these lights) all at the same time. For him to have been going 50 he would have had to been flooring it, and slamming on the brake at the same time so that he could be stopped for the next light. The cop flipped a U turn, saw that his plate was from another county (because we just renewed them and don't have the new sticker yet) and decided the Scout Master would be an easy target. Anyway, we went to court, found out it would be the first of 4 if he decided to try to fight it, and that if he lost in the end he would be charged for the ticket plus a fee for all 4 times he had been to court, up to 1,000 dollars. So they offered him another option (which to me sounds more like a legal bribe). Let me explain. You see, they prescreened all those coming to court that day (there were probably about 100 or a little over) and picked out the ones that would "qualify" for this "program." Now looking around the room, I was worried to be there. It was full of those kind of people of both colors that normally I would have not been hanging around with. You know the ones that wear their pj's and slippers out in public and are asking each other when their husbands or wives are going to be getting out of jail. The people behind us in line were very classy if you know what I mean (yes, that was sarcastic) and were chit chatting about how many times they had been in jail or to court.....(one guy and two girls) let's just say that none of them had a clean record and leave it at that. Anyway, I am not positive what criteria you had to meet to "qualify" for this deferral program but I think that all you needed was a job, from the looks of the room. This is one time that I wasn't upset that we have an alphabetically first last name! So the bribe.....I mean "deferral program" was that the Scout Master pay $200 and then not get pulled over for 6 months and they basically pretend that he never got pulled over.......so no points on his licence and all that jazz. It was more then the ticket (which would have been 4 points on his licence as well) but less then the outrageous court costs if he lost his case (which let's face it how often does a person win against a cop, even if he is just a reservist?). So he took it and we got the heck out of there!! It is one of the only times that I (being the pasty white person that I am) as been out numbered by people of other ethnicity. Not that I am prejudice but in court with the cream of the crop (one guy was drunk or high....didn't even know his own name AND had 6 or 7 tickets) that was present well, I was a tad uncomfy to say the least. The Scout Master and I were under the impression that when you got to court you need to look very presentable in your Sunday best! We were seriously over dressed. I won't even get into how rude the bailiff (I guess that's what she was) to everyone. But I think you get the idea. Any decent person who had money was tagged to get the "deferral" program (which, like I said sounds like a legal bribe to me) and would gladly accept just to never have to go back there again. Which is what the Scout Master decided to do. Upon arriving home, my grandparents were feeding the kids some yummy fried chicken and brosted potato fries. That was much appreciated. They are really truly GREAT grandparents.

That night B started being sick and I mean throwing up in her hair, ear, crib and pj's. It was lots of fun because I was home alone with the kids because the Scout Master was at his second job. So there I was with second hand chicken and potatoes all over my baby and her bed. I cleaned her all up. Cleaned her crib. Carried her downstairs with me and a "barf bowl" and waited for the Scout Master to get home. She tossed it twice more and then slept all night. Then ate some graham crackers and juice for breakfast which I saw again on the floor of the sewing room about an hour later. After that she kept down everything else and slept all night. There has been no fever and I believe that she is all good today (I hope I didn't just curse myself).

We stayed up a little later then normal finishing up Emma's (aka Daughter) science project. Maybe more on that subject later. But for now I need a shower desperately and there is lots of laundry that needs to be done and some that also needs to be folded. So I had better get off this thing and get to work.

Ta ta for now!

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

You won the giveaway over at Chicmade blog! You are officially my ONE loyal follower. The only other person who entered was some random person that must have just googled "giveaway" or something. Send me your address and I'll mail you the Kami Earrings and Purple Checkered bracelet right away. But didn't you once ask me about hypo-allergenic earrings or was that somebody else? If you want, I can get different earring hooks and attach them to those same earrings, but it'll take me a few days to be able to make it to the craft store again so it would delay your shipment. Just let me know.

Angie said...

Crazy Crooked Cops!

Isaacfamily said...

I love to check your blog. Today Melainey looked over my shoulder and saw Emma's picture. She said she misses her. Give Emma a big hug from Lainey.