Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Breathe In, Breathe Out

B has had nothing but a runny nose for almost 2 weeks now. Tonight Kyle, who has also been a bit on the runny and coughing side cried in pain for about 45 minutes tonight and wanted me to call the doctor right away. His hear is killing him and he told me that he has kidney pains (in his ear). Really? Really, kidneys right there in his ear. At first I thought he was telling me that he had a kidney bean in his ear and that led to a whole different line of questioning! Like "did you stick a kidney bean in your ear at school? Did you find a bean here at the house? IS THERE A BEAN IN YOUR EAR?" No just kidney pains in his ear. O, he was a miserable sight to behold. Poor, little, sleepy Kyle. Tomorrow we are going to the doctor, even if we don't have one yet, he needs to go. I might just have to take him to the Med Point place. B too. She is still crying in her bed, just a little. The kind where she is almost asleep and doesn't want to give in. I think her ears hurt too because she has been plugging them up with her fingers the last few days. I don't really want to get started on the other bad things that I have had to change in the last few days (you know diaper wise), let's just say it ain't been pretty, and it ain't smelled like roses either! LOL!! So off to the doctor we go. Thanks to my mom for agreeing to come with us. I didn't want to have to take them alone.

The Scout Master has decided to take a second job. He is going to be a night janitor 5 days a week for 3 hours a night. Get this.....he will be making there in one night less then he makes in one hour at his regular job. And now he won't be able to cash in on his unemployment for the two week forced shut down at work (we would have got more in unemployment then he will make at this job). But the Scout Master is a good man and sees that there might be a long term benefit for taking this on now. Especially, if there are more pay cuts or forced time off with out pay weeks. I admire him for not thinking that any job is beneath him and is willing to take this on for our benefit and so that I don't have to go out and take a job either. He is a good provider and if that was the only good thing about him then that would be enough to endear him to me. I love the Scout Master very much.


With all the stress we have felt lately and the job teetering on the edge somewhat I just have to keep reminding myself to breathe in and to breathe out because this will pass and there isn't anything I can do to make it better. Just take it one day at a time and trust in my Heavenly Father to take care of us, since we do what were are asked to do and serve where we are asked to serve. Breathe in Katie......Breathe out Katie......it will pass. Okay, I am trying.

Well, that is all for tonight. I will probably be blogging more since the Scout Master will be gone at nights now too.

1 comment:

Brielle said...

Oh, I had no idea about his job. I'm so sorry. My sister's husband just got laid off yesterday....trouble in the economy sure affects every one of us huh?