This morning we had to get up early! Way early, especially for a Saturday. Why, you ask? Because we had to clean the church. And we had to be there at 9AM. Now, those of you who know, know that church starts at 9AM on Sunday mornings (well, if you only have one ward in your building or if it's your ward's turn to meet in the AM). Those of you who know us really well know that a 9AM meeting schedule doesn't really work for us. Which basically means that we hardly ever make it to church on time!
Hold on, I must back track for just a minute.......
When I got out of the shower this morning there was a box of Chocolates (you know the gamble kind, if you don't know what that means then you don't watch enough Jim Gaffigin) and a funny card about farting and relationships (what else would the Scout Master pick out?). But it was a sweet thing because I figured that I wouldn't be getting anything (which is usually the case, well, except for our first Valentine's Day together and he proposed and I got a big hunk of carbon to wear on my finger).
But on to the rest of the day's activities........
But for some reason this morning we made it to the church building early. The "in charge" family was late. And let me tell you that honked us off (yes, I just said honked, it was the nicest word that I could come up with). While we were finishing up the chapel and setting up the overflow chairs I got caught by the music lady in our ward. I like her very much but I didn't want to have to sing. But what can you do when you are cornered in the overflow area? You say yes, that's what you do. So I ended up being there another hour "practicing" for next weeks Stake Enrichment meeting. (Don't get me wrong I love Enrichment meetings, I'm in charge so I have to right? But I really don't care for those singing/story type meetings, which is what this is going to be, so really I didn't want to be there). Luckily for me the Scout Master had me out of there after an hour. I only practiced one song. So maybe I won't have to sing after all. (Cross your fingers folks). I had a realization while singing which I will share another time.
We escaped from the singing and went out to lunch. Then we went to a craft fair and had a good time.....even with the whining from Emma, Ky, and the Scout Master. We left there and went to the chocolate cafe' that they have here and each got a couple of treats. Then we were going to take the kids to a movie but by the time we got there 2 of the 3 were asleep and the movie had started earlier then we thought. So we went to Wal-Mart (because no day is complete without going there, ask my sister she will tell you I am always there, it's not my favorite but it is a close 2nd and it is only 2 minutes from my house when everything else is about 20).
Then home for dinner and a movie. Now it is time for the Scout Master and I to take in a little romantic comedy and head off for some sleep. Were I am sure we will stay too long and there will be no chance of a repeat of today's miracle of making it to church early.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! I hope you had a nice one!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy day. But lots of good family time.
Wow! You guys really pack it in! My kids wouldn't last through 2 or 3 stops. They like to be out and about, but once it's nap time, all of us are too tired to do anything!
Happy Valentines Day!
Post a Comment