Sunday morning we awoke to a mass of snow in the ground. The Scout Master wasn't feeling up to going to church (he as a cold again, or the same one still, we can't decide) so I got the kids ready, fed, and packed into the van. Then brave that I am, I drove off into the near white out with a van full of kids, Sunday bags, and prayer. Thankfully we arrived safely at our ward building. Unfortunately, we arrived there 45minutes late. We made it just in time to hear half of my mom's talk, sing the rest hymn and hear the concluding speaker.......wait did I say hear? Well, I sort of hear it over the shushing I was having to do to keep my kids in line. I don't think we can sit next to Pappy again. He seems to cause some of the problem!
We made it through the rest of church without much else happening except an escaped kid (who I finally found actually still with her teacher, after I had searched the building three times and was starting to work up a panic, with a build up of "when I find that girl" syndrome). I packed my little darlings into the van and headed home. I made it all the way home when I got stuck in the fifty foot of snow in our drive way. Yeah, that's right I got the van stuck in the drive.......you got a problem with that? I didn't think so! It's okay to laugh though because the Scout Master did when he went out to dig me out. He came in asking for the camera.......he said I might want to blog this! I guess it is a little funny. I'll let you be the judge:
He handled this pretty well considering that on Thursday morning (or was it Friday?) I backed out of the garage to take Emma to school (after a very late night and an all to early morning) and cracked the passenger side mirror (just the plastic cover not the actual mirror, no the mirror still works fine, it just doesn't look the same). So there it is for all the world to see......my mistake (okay, okay, 2 mistakes), and the take of how I got stuck in the frozen tundra were we have decided to move.



1 comment:
I would not have went out in that snow! I know what it is like to get stuck in your own driveway.
Post a Comment