Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alright Already

My mom informed me tonight that I need to blog. So here I am.....blogging!

Today at church I was in what I so lovingly call "The Hallway Class" when blogging, facebook, etc..came up. I found out that these friends of mine also blog and so tonight I remembered this conversation and decided to check out their blogs.....which lead me to other blogs of people that I know but didn't know they blogged and so on......I looked at all their sites and saw something....my blog seems BORING comparatively....so now I am on a new mission to figure out how to do some of these cool things to my blog!! It may take awhile but whenever I set my mind on something I usually can get it accomplished! So yo my see some changes when you check in on us from time to time!

Let's see......this weekend was great. We didn't go anywhere cool or do anything exciting but we had time together. It seems that the weekends now go way to fast and each time it is harder for John to leave us. It is hard on us all but we have just come to accept it as our "new norm" for now.


So here is a run down of our weekend.

Friday:
Church activity......a country fair. I am on the activities committee so I have to be there early. Of course, I am late due to children error and when we arrive at the church Kyle throws up on the lawn. But he was fine....just car sick I guess....since he ate tons of popcorn and pie and cookies and what not to make any other kid sick and was just fine. There was also a talent fair and my favorite act was John (not my John) he sang a song that I have never heard before "Home Grown Tomatoes" it was witty and he was really good (he was also playing the guitar) and he was a last minute add on. I know this because I am on the committee (I sound so important LOL!!). I didn't get to take my kids to the different stations (ring toss, fish pond, sack race, cookie walk) because I had to man my station. Are you ready for this? Wagon Wheel Rug making!! This was also my post at Pioneer Day in July. I guess they must think that I am good at it. I wasn't there when we got to pick stations because I was up visiting my husband so.....they put me on the wheel rug. It's fine.....I think this one turned out better, so that was good. Right as the talent portion of the evening got underway my John showed up and the kids where happy to see him.

Saturday:
John worked on the house. Putting putty in its place and making nice for the inspection on our home. That's right.......we accepted an offer and now are waiting for the inspection and the couple to get their final financing so we can close. This has lead to a MASSIVE search for our new home. John has been diligently weeding out the ones that won't work, since he is up there. The kids and I are planing a trip up this coming weekend so that I can look at the ones he likes and start a second weeding out process. What fun! We also went out to eat and then went to Wal Mart because what would any trip be without a run to the local Wal Mart?

Sunday:
We were.....you guessed it......late for church. We missed all of sacrament. John, so lovingly turned off the alarm to allow me some extra sleep time, since I don't sleep well when I am here alone! Bridget slept all night in her crib!! This is the 3rd night this week! I am worried though that now that I have said it out to everyone, I will have cursed it! Anyway, we went to Sunday school and then I have already told you about what class I went to during the last block!! LOL!!We came home had lunch, John painted and sanded his putty job from yesterday and then we went on a country walk. Came home, had dinner, finished John's laundry and off he went, put the kids to bed, had to come up and get after the kids a few times, got Bridget to sleep and finally here I am blogging.

That pretty much catches you up on all that went on this weekend and what has been going on in our lives the last week or so.

One more cute little thing before I go. A few days ago the milk was sitting on the kitchen table for breakfast. Bridget was sitting on the table examining the jug. Since the lid was off she decided to pluck off the little ring that is left behind after you open the jug. She then decided that this was a really good bracelet. She has been wearing it around the house ever since.





So tonight I made her a new bracelet to wear. I don't think she was as impressed with it as the milk ring but......she wore it and tossed it around a little bit.

See, I even made it blue hoping that it would make a good substitute!