Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Blast to the Past

Now that I am over the worst part of my cold and can actually sit up for longer then two minutes at a time I can let you in on the fun we had over our last weekend.

Friday:
My Mr. Amos and my mom come home for the weekend! Hurray! I actually made diner (this is before I came down too bad with this awful cold). I also had gone to the doctor this morning and found out that I did have thrush. Mr. Amos and I went out together for awhile. It was just to return something and make a stop at Wal-Mart but it was nice to have some time to ourselves.

Saturday:
My mom went to a wedding while Mr. Amos and I took our kids to the living history encampment. We have been going to this one since the very first year that it began. Emma was just a month old the first time. So I consider this our family "thing." It is our special event and we love going. Every year Mr. Amos and I talk about it and discuss how much we would like to actually camp and be involved. Mr. Amos especially would love to play with the cannons!! So this year it was my goal to make us all outfits. It would be a small step into seeing what it might really be like to camp. I started about a month ago thinking I would get everyone done. I was wrong. In that time soo much happened that I gave up on getting everyone an outfit made. Emma and Bridget got their outfits minus the caps, Kyle had a shirt that was handed down by a friend and I had an 1812 dress that I had made last year, Mr. Amos got nothing (but since he doesn't care to dress up, he didn't really care). My dress was really the wrong time period but hey oh, well. We had a great day. Here are some pictures.











Emma and Kyle trying out the yolk.











Trying out the stilts in the 18th century games place.

Looking fancy in our costumes! The kids aren't even looking at the camera!

This made me so proud. There was a kids parade and every child who had a costume was allowed in. The lady here (From Irish Made clothiers) picked Emma out to use her as an example of a proper dress. Saying that the back lacing denoted that they still needed parental guidance!!

The end of the day looked like this:










Sunday:
Kyle and I were soo sick that we all stayed home from church. Mr. Amos took care of Bridget most of the night so that I could sleep. He didn't even wake up until 11AM. Neither of us could remember the last time he had slept in that late!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sweet pictures! I am glad I got to come down. It was nice being with all of you!

Nancy Sabina said...

Wow! I had no idea you were such a talented seamstress! Very impressive. You all look adorable.

Shannon said...

Those costumes are so cute! You did a really great job, and it looks like you all had a blast.