This is Kyle. Five years ago today he was born into this world after a very scary spinal (that didn't work) and what seemed like a very short sleep for me. When I groggily awoke from my drug induced stupor I was presented with a dark haired, scrunchy nosed, little bundle of boy. I was very happy and The Scout Master was chest button popping proud.
So on this day five years later I found myself in a place of some parents nightmares and every kids best dream, Chucky Cheese. Not just any Chucky Cheese, but one that at one time was a Show Biz Pizza, one that I went to as a child. I was not only reminiscing over the last five years of my little man but also some happy highlights of my own childhood.
We played games and rode little rides. We turned in ticket slips that I had been saving for a long time. I picked out a little bowling set for him. He loved it. We had a really nice time. All the kids were really good and really enjoyed themselves.
I am so blessed by our Heavenly Father to have Kyle in my life. He is loving, kind, active and healthy. He is also really good at sharing. He has a great smile and gives really good hugs, though he will only kiss me on the cheek and only accept kisses from me on the cheek. His big interests right now are army men, transformers, and he knows more about the Civil War then any other 5 year old on earth.
Happy Birthday little Man!! We love you!!



No comments:
Post a Comment