Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In the Winner's Circle

It was an odd day today. I got up a little earlier then I have been lately to finish cleaning up my house for the RS presidency meeting that was here morning. When the meeting was over, my fellow councilor mentioned how she needed to go to a few stores and then go visiting teaching. I offered to take 4 of her kids off her hands until she was finished. I think she was a little hesitant at first but then allowed them to stay. I could see the battle in her mind, do I unleash my kids on someone else or do I take the offer and run? That's what I would have been thinking anyway. They were here until almost 5PM and my 3 plus her 4 made 7 kids all afternoon long. Usually, I regret when I offer to be nice because it usually backfires in my face, but NOT today. They politely ate their lunch, using the best manners I have seen in a long time. They used the words "may I" and "please." And best of all they played wonderfully well together. My son was so excited to have other boys to play with. I could tell he was in heaven. And Emma got someone her own age to giggle with and watch girly movies with for awhile. It couldn't have been a better afternoon. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

When our friends had left we high tailed it to the library. The kids have finally finished their summer reading program and were ready for their prizes. They got to stand in the winner's circle with a wreath around their necks and sign their names in the winner's books. They thought it was fun. They also got to pick out a prize.

Kyle in the winner's circle.


B in the winner's circle.


Emma in the winner's circle.

I was exhausted so we stopped by Little Cesars and got a pizza. I hate Little Cesars for being hot and ready, tasting so good, and costing so little. It's just too easy to stop by and get one or two for dinner. Darn you Little Cesars!!

1 comment:

Erika Amonett said...

So fun! I loved the summer reading program when I was a kid too. I remember how exciting it was to work towards a goal and then achieve the esteemed prize. Oh, the simple joys of childhood. Don't you just LOVE summer?!