When I was young Rumpelstiltskin was one of my very favorite fairytale stories. I am not sure what intrigued me about it the most. The weaving of the straw into gold, the funny little man, the distressed princess, or the fact that the princess could save her first born child by simply coming up with a name. More then likely it was that the princess was covert as she followed the little man into the woods and spied on him as he danced around the fire to learn that his name was Rumpelstiltskin. I think she was very cleaver!
So when I learned that the local library was having a puppet show of Rumpelstiltskin I made it a point to get the tickets and take my kids. B was so excited once the show started that she took her "mine" (her Binky) out of her mouth and while pointed excitedly looked at both of the ladies sitting next to us and shouting (what? I'm not sure but it was cute). A good time was had by all of us, even if the rat did end up pretending to be a baby and the kids told the princess the little man's name instead of her finding it out by cleaver spy like tactics.
Waiting for the show to start. My camera
takes really bad far away pictures, sorry.

The dog was the narrator and this little chipmunk
was the stage hand.

After the show was over the puppet guy bought out the puppets so that the kids could see them up close.
Rumpelstiltskin and The Princess/miller's daughter.

The dog and the rat.

The Miller and the chipmunk.

The chipmunk was by far every kid's favorite followed by the rat. The chipmunk gave all the little boys and girls kisses before they left. B, being so small, had a really hard time getting in there to get her kiss. But when she finally did she was thrilled and she got her little kiss right on the cheek. It happened so fast that I did not get a picture of it. It was really cute though and I hope when I am old this is one of the good memories that sticks with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment