Monday, November 17, 2008

Callings, Callings...Guess who got Callings

Last week on Sunday they read in our records into our new ward making us official. And last Sunday the Bishop came to our house (six hours after sacrament meeting) and asked us both to accept callings. Which we did, of course. We were surprised at what they were (well sort of surprised). Would you like to try and guess what they were? If you know us at all you will know what Mr. Amos' calling is right away, mine however, might be a little more tricky to guess.

John got called as the Scout Master.

I got called as 2nd Councilor in the Relief Society.


I know what a shock right? We both got confirmed and sustained yesterday. I know John (aka forever more Scout Master) will do great. He has a love for Scouts that never dies.

I have never been in a calling with this much responsibility before and I am nervous about it. Everyone says I will be good at it. We'll see. I am over Enrichment night and being the enrichment leader in my previous ward is the calling that I loved the most, so I am hopeful.

I have to say that having the Relief Society President as our realtor sort of backfired on us. LOL!! No she is great and I am excited to work with her. Just goes to show you that the Lord brought us to a place that needed us. They didn't have anyone to fill these callings and here we were. So here we go! Wish us luck!

Love to all we haven't talked to in a while.

2 comments:

Brielle said...

I've had that calling before. I loved it! I think your perfect for that calling!

Fran Baity said...

Congrats on your calling, I know you will do a great job!