Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some Patterns that I LOVE

If you know me you know that I love to sew. I also love historical clothing and going to history re-enactments. So a few years ago I bought this pattern for a regency dress on-line from a little store called Sense and Sensibility. I loved it and have made several dresses from this pattern. Not just for myself but I also scaled it down for my daughter and made a lovely formal for a friend of mine. My daughter and I had matching ones and wore them to a pioneer day at church and landed ourselves a picture in the paper! I also used this pattern to make a nursing dress and a button front dress, using Mrs. Chancey's easy and fun on-line alteration tutorials. So when she sent around that she needed a little help getting out the word that she has some epatterns for download of course you know I had to let you know! So go click below to check them out!

http://www.sensibility.com/pattern/main/?page_id=50

I have several of her patterns and they are all easy and fun to use, even if you are a beginner. So if you want a special occasion dress or just want something fun to wear these are the patterns you want! I would love to post some pictures here but we just rebuilt our computer so I don't have any. But if you go here you will see the green button front dress that I made from her pattern. Not the best picture in the world but I will try to get more up later when I find the dvd my hubby saved all the pictures too.

http://familyfoolishness.blogspot.com/2008/09/our-blast-to-past.html

Some day I will learn how to do that cool link thingy that See Bee does (if you are reading this, could you give a gal some help?). Hope that you go and check her out! More later.....if I can find something else to tell you all about. LOL!!

No comments: