Thursday, November 13, 2008

It was the Best of Days...

And it was the worst of days! We had quite the adventure today. First we got up and had breakfast. I kissed my hubby and Emma good-bye as they left for school and work. The other two kids were up before you know it. I was busy looking up my e-mail and I hear the door of the garage go up. I figured that my dear hubby must have forgotten something that he needed for work. But when I opened the door, my little Emma came strolling in. There was a two hour delay at school! Wish I would have known that......Mr. Amos could have gotten his own breakfast. There was some kind of day at school today and school didn't' start until 10:20AM. So I got myself and the other two kiddies ready to go and dropped Emma off at school. Then headed to the mall.

I had to return a dress that didn't really fit right and that Mr. Amos thought made me look frumpy. So I did that then headed to the other end of the mall to hit JC Penny's clearance. Where I got 8 new shirts for just $1.97 and a skirt for $11.97 plus and extra 10% off because it was missing the belt (which I probably wouldn't have worn anyway)! I saved $243.47 and only spent $28.00 how cool was that? What else was great was I still made it home in time to have lunch with my dear hubby. That was nice. Then I sat down and caught up on my blog reading and e-mailing fun.

Little B had just fallen asleep for a much needed nap. She was having a "need to be held day." I started to work in our room. I have at least 3 loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away in there. I was working away when I look at the clock and think......2:20 hummm.....there is something that I am supposed to do at 2:20.......OH NOOOOOO!!!!!! Emma gets out of school at 2:20! I woke up B and tore Ky away from the dvd he was watching and sped all the way there. I got there at 2:29 and it looked like a deserted island. Oh, NO again! I get B and Ky out of the car (Ky, by the way, had on no shoes) and we ran in the back door (it was unlocked, a stroke of luck) and ran all the way to the front office.......there she was just sitting there reading a book. I look of horror must have been on my puffing face because the office lady just looked at me and said.....if you are ever a few minutes late we don't leave them outside they just come to the office! I should just have a sign around my neck that says "HELLO, MY NAME IS BAD MOM," what's yours? She wasn't too traumatized, which was good!

Then we got home and I was working with Emma to get her homework done and her spelling words practiced when I hear the sound of braking glass. I look over and B has just thrown my "Party Light" candle ( wine glass looking, votive) holders off of the piano and before I could get to her she had a second one and smashed it against the piano bench. The first one didn't brake but the second one shattered. I had saved up for those when I was a teenager. I was a little upset. I wanted to cry but I was happy that she wasn't cut or hurt (where did I put my bad mom sign again?).

I had just gotten all that cleaned up.... when it was time to cook dinner and then clean up all the mess and then send John off for a meeting. Oh, my it was a hard day. It is late and dear hubby wants to take the computer downstairs so that he can watch it while he works out. So I will have to write to you more later. Maybe you can get a laugh out of my day. Hope you can. Why don't you tell me about your bad mom days?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Some days you are in charge of life and some days, life is in charge of you!!! We all have these kind of days and I can't tell you any bad mom stories, you already lived 'em!

Gooey Goodness Of Life said...

ohhhhh I love jcpenny sales!