Monday, November 10, 2008

Offical New Ward

We were formally welcomed in by our new ward today! It was kind of weird. That is just probably because I have never had to do that before. Don't you just love to stand up in front of a whole room full of people so they can see who you are? We were sitting in front so everyone got a good look at our backside!! LOL!! At least we were then on time and weren't sneaking in the back as our names were being called! That would have been terrible.

There wasn't a sole in RS who could play the piano and so they stared me down (I know none of them know that I play but I always feel like they stare me down). I ended up playing but it wasn't very good. It's my own fault. I don't practice much anymore and I get so nervous to play in front of people that I start shaking and then it is impossible to play. Another reason is at home I like to play all the hymns fast and upbeat......which isn't usually the way that they are played at church so slowing them down is hard for me. The opening hymn didn't go so well and then closing hymn we only sang on verse so I made it through pretty well. I told the 1st councilor not to call me as the RS pianist! She said she wasn't in charge of that.......so I hold out hope that this won't be my first calling!

We also got a visit from the bishop last night. Poor guy was an hour late at 6PM and just left the church from meetings! We felt bad for him especially when he told us that he had another house to go to after ours! Oh my! I don't know how many hours after church a bishop usually stays but our ward meeting is over at 2:30PM so 6:00PM has got to be close to torture.......when did he eat last? Just confirmation that my husband will probably never be a bishop......the lack of food would kill him!! LOL!!

That's all for now. Hope you are having a great day.

PS John and I had a great time at the museum on Saturday. We didn't have to say any of the following phrases:

Stop that!
Don't touch, don't touch, I said don't touch!
Don't hit your brother/sister.
We'll get a snack later.
Stop hitting.
Do that again and I am going to have to spank you.
Do you want to sit in the stroller?
One more time and you have to sit in the stroller.
1-2-3...
Do you need to go potty?
Then why are you dancing around like that?
STOP
Don't run.

Well, I am sure that you get the picture. It was even interesting because we didn't even have to talk about the kids to keep our conversation going. That is an accomplishment! You parents know what I am talking about! LOL!

2 comments:

ros said...

how do you win the outfit? love ros

SewsCute said...

You win the outfit by posting a link for her blog on yours. Just hit create a link on her site and it will pop up a window where you can write something along with it, then hit publish. There you have it!