Friday, November 14, 2008

A Letter To Emma

Dearest Emma,


I love you so much. I am sorry that we butt heads so often, but I am the mother......right or wrong......so you need to be lead where I am trying to guide you. I have been thinking alot lately about how us, you and me, and how we can make us better. I think that we both need to give a little. It is hard for me to see you act so grown up and because you think you are all grown up, it is hard for you to listen to me. I think too that because you are so small I forget that you are 7 and that means that you can have more responsibilities. Please forgive me for my inexperience, before you I had never been a mom.



I checked in on you tonight and I found you doing this:



and it reminded me of when you were a little baby and used to twirl my hair for comfort. I want to still be your comfort. So I will try to yell and be bossy less......if you will listen to me more and not be so stubborn. Deal? You are my girl and I love you. I want you to stay young and carefree for as long as possible.....I don't think that is wrong. You will have plenty of time to be an adult later, for now let's try to enjoy life with each other a little bit more. Let's be friends!

What to play?

Love Mommy

1 comment:

Gooey Goodness Of Life said...

awww I could have written this to my 7 yr old lol... she wants so bad to be grown up... I remember being the same... and now wishing I hadn't tried so hard....

we as parents do our best... right or wrong... but we do our best ...:)

I love the pulling on hair picture lol thats me alot of the times lol...