According to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' web site, this is the meaning of Gratitude:
"Gratitude is a feeling of appreciation and thankfulness for blessings or benefits we have received. As we cultivate a grateful attitude, we are more likely to be happy and spiritually strong. We should regularly express our gratitude to God for the blessings He gives us and to others for the kind acts they do for us."
So with that in mind I thought that I would make a list of things that I have gratitude for (especially fitting since Thanks giving is this week). These are in no particular order.
Joseph Smith and all the sacrifices he made
The Book of Mormon
Jesus Christ and his love for me
Emma
Kyle
Bridget
John
The Blessings of the Temple
our home
our new ward
my opportunity to serve in my calling
my health
all my many material things (even though I am always having to clean them up)
all the things that I can afford (like food & clothes)
that I only have one kid in diapers
smiles
my old ward
friends, old and new
blogs (aren't they fun?)
my talents (like sewing and crafting)
that I have an education
that I have little to no drama in my life
good movies
kisses
hugs
family
memories (good and bad, because without the bad we wouldn't know the good)
teaching
learning
The Gospel
that I get to stay at home with my kids (even when they drive me crazy)
The sacrament
Chocolate (maybe that should have been #1 LOL)
safety
that I am American (even if I don't like the Pres. Elect)
freedom
Okay you get the idea......I could keep going and going but I am sure that you have gratitude for all that you have been blessed with as well. If only I could say that I have gratitude for Brother Lee asking me to talk this Sunday. At least I know the topic well......Gratitude and Thanksgiving!
I'll let you know how it goes!
Maybe if we all showed a little more gratitude to one another we could find the peace that we all seem to want. I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thank you for sharing what you are grateful for!
Also, you have been tagged! Stop by my blog for the details!
http://franscraps.blogspot.com
Post a Comment