Sunday, November 30, 2008

You are Probably Wondering....

how our Thanksgiving went. I was very nice and peaceful.....yea, no not really, how could it be with our three kids?


Wednesday: John had off so I got up early (alone) and got Emma breakfast and took her to school. Then I came home and John was still asleep snuggling with B. So I got ready and went Visiting Teaching (I won't talk to you about that.....it is another story all together). I got home and John was up. I took a shower and John fed Kyle lunch. We took Kyle to school and then went out to lunch. Half way through our yummy Indian buffet we got a call. Kyle had gotten knocked in the head by a swing (I assume that there was a kid in the swing too). He had been hurt and we needed to come and check on him or take him to the doctor....whichever we thought best. We got there and he was basically fine. A bump and bruise and some scrapes. Oh, yea, and two different sized pupils! But he stayed at school and we went to the cool Castle of Flags to check them out. I fixed wings and fries for dinner and the missionaries came over and helped my husband do this:



It looks worse then it is. It is all cleaned, put back together, and functioning in the kitchen where it should be! Yeah, no more cold trips out to the garage!


Thursday: We went to my sister's for our Thanksgiving meal. Even though we were loaded and leaving in plenty of time to get there, we were late. This is because our garage door deserves a beating. It has a hard time closing when the sun is shinning on it and then John unlocked it from the chain and put it down and it wouldn't re lock so we spent about 20 minutes or so trying to get the thing relocked and back down! Made it to my sister's and had a lovely meal, to which the girls and I all wore our Turkey barrettes.



And the boys did this:


Then my mom did this:





And then hugs all around and we went to the movies to see this. It scared Emma, Kyle thought it was okay, and John and I well.....we didn't have to wonder why we never even knew it was in theaters.



Friday: John and I went furniture shopping. We spent more then we wanted to....and then went to lunch.




Saturday: I got up early and went to a baptism to lead the music and represent the Relief Society Presidency. And then we went to a state park and went hiking (yes, it was cold, and yes, it was Scout Master's idea). But it was also beautiful.




First we went to the nature center. Where Kyle did this cute number:




And then we headed out on the trail.





We had a good time and made it in before it got dark. Then we went out to eat at Lunker's with my parents. The kids loved it there. When you come to visit we will take you there!

Then today I gave my talk in church and it went really well considering I wasn't really happy with the way it turned out! However, I got good reviews so that was nice.

1 comment:

Brielle said...

What a busy couple of days!
1-- cute barettes
2--I love the handfuls of whipped cream thing. I mean I would never do that but my husband would and has.
3--I've never heard of that movie either
4--what kind of furniture did you buy?
5--what a great park!