Friday, November 21, 2008

Craziness

So last night we got about 4 inches of snow and ice and there wasn't even a 2 hour delay for Emma's school. Can you believe that? On my way home from Enrichment meeting last night I slipped and slided all over the intersection that is closest to Emma's school......and I have to say there wasn't a plow or salt truck in sight. I am not sure that I like winter living here. At least in our last town if it was severe snow there were trucks out plowing and salting.......I know because they knocked down my mail box 4 times last year! But it hardly seems fit to complain now.....since they were at least doing their jobs.



Okay, my rant is now over. I was just super upset about having to get up this morning since Kyle slept in my bed with the Scout Master and I was stuck in Kyle's bed with B. There isn't enough room for two in a twin bed......no matter how small the 2nd person is. LOL !!



This is what I call craziness. To top off the morning we were running a little late so I had to feed my family cold cereal. Scout Master didn't mind at all because I bought the good kind when I was at the store. However, I poured Emma's cereal (chocolate cereal, at that) and then said to her "I'm going to pour milk on this okay?" She said yeah. Then she threw a crazy tantrum about not liking it because there was milk on it. Two reasons why this was sooooo crazy:



1. Because she loves chocolate milk (which is made when you pour milk on chocolate cereal)

2. Because it was CHOCOLATE for heavens sake.



She ended up going to school with out breakfast......I feel terrible about this but she complains about what I make for breakfast almost every day. So........maybe when she is hungry she will think about eating breakfast next week (for some reason we don't have a problem with her eating on the weekends).





But on a lighter note.....I had my first Enrichment here last night. I was "in charge" since being the 2nd councilor in the Relief Society means that you are over Enrichment night. I had no idea what was really going on because they had all this planned before I even moved in. But I was a nice dinner and the men served it. Then there was a little Christmas program and we had a good time. Did I mention that I had to use a mic? I hate having to use a mic unless it is for singing "Sing Star" on my PlayStation. That is fun!



Well, there is a mess from dinner last night and if you have been following this you know that I need to get to work on straightening out my basement family room and the office/sewing room. Also on the need to do list is get some of these packing boxes broken down and taken to the recycling center! Because they are getting out of hand, crazy don't you agree?






Just to make sure you aren't going crazy.....there are three layers of stacked up boxes and then a whole lot of "picture cartons" on the floor (that happened last night when I was gone). LOL!! And yes in the left hand corner there are two tall boxes with broken down boxes on the top between them.......the kids have a "house" back there by the piano.....yeah it's really back there!

CRAZY!!

Want to know what a Relief Society is? Go Here

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

You should try joining Freecycle - just to get rid of those boxes. The idea of Freecycle is that you recycle old stuff that you don't want anymore and somebody who does want it comes to pick it up at your house. Kind of like Craigslist only always free. I joined thinking maybe I would find a computer monitor for hubby but really what I discovered is that it's a great way to get rid of stuff! People will come get anything! I bet you could post something that said you have all those boxes but that if they want them they have to spend the time breaking them down and I bet somebody would be there in two seconds flat! Seriously! Then YOU don't have to mess with getting them into the car or anything and the other person is happy to mess with that because you are saving them money.